OT: compiler flags: what is "-lqt" ?

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to modify a Makefile for my system.  The
program depends on Qt, of which I have libqt-emb-dev installed.  The
compiler portion of the file is below.  After changing the two commented
lines as shown, I get an error after the object file compilation about
/usr/bin/ld being unable to find -lqt.  I assume this is the -lqt in the
LIBS line.

## Compiler stuff

CXX     =       g++
CXXFLAGS = -g -DRINGHOME=$(RINGDIR)
CC      =       gcc
CFLAGS  =       -g -DRINGHOME=$(RINGDIR)
#INCPATH =      -I/usr/include -I$(QTDIR)/include
INCPATH =       -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/qt
#LFLAGS =       -g -L$(QTDIR)/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
LFLAGS  =       -g -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
LIBS    =       -lqt -lXext -lX11 -lm
MOC     =       moc

##

I'm not a programmer, so even my changes are guesses based on what I think
I'm looking at in my directories.  Does someone know what I have to do?

Thanks very much,

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from