Re: any women here?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> Like I said, I'm a female engineer. This means I have Awesome Secret Geek
> Tools at my disposal.

Use them wisely. :)

> > > even women engineers with 25 years experience.
> >
> > 	erik (notice no smiley)
>
> No smiley here either.... I think those invisible rays are a part of why I
> never quite felt like I fit in on my last job -- and perhaps a factor in
> being laid off. At least, that's what I fear.

That's too bad. So far I've noticed that the ratio of male to
female Linux geeks is quite high, but when I've been at trade
shows or LUG meetings I've never felt that women were unwelcome
at all. Of course, I'm a male - so maybe I missed something?
Frankly, I'm all about anyone that I can talk Linux with. (Or
Free Software, Free UNIX, PC maintenence, the finer points of
Vim, PHP, MySQL...whatever...)

> (Oh yeah, Linux geek-for-hire here...)

Good luck! I'm sure that there are plenty of opportunities for
a talented Linux geek.

> --
> _Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
> "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

LOVE the sig. It's true...they make such a nice whooshing noise... :)

Take care,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier