How do I build a driver floppy?

In order to boot the installation system (2.2r2), I had to get the source code for newer versions of a couple of drivers (SCSI and NIC), build a kernel and a rescue disk containing that kernel (using a debian installation on an another computer). As a result, I can successfully install the kernel/modules and base system over the network, etc, but when I try to boot the base system, it fails because the kernel doesn't have the newer versions of the drivers. I believe that I need to make a driver floppy with these drivers, and use it in the "Configure Device Driver Modules" step of the installation, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to create a driver floppy.

Can anybody tell me how to create a driver floppy, or point me to some place that describes it?

	thanks
	Peter Canning