Re: newbie fighting with Helix Gnome

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Ross Boylan wrote:

> I have a similar problem, but slightly different packages:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   libgnomesupport0: Depends: gnome-libs-data (>= 1.2.13-4) but 1.2.11-ximian.1 is installed
>   libgnomeui32: Depends: gnome-libs-data (>= 1.2.13-4) but 1.2.11-ximian.1 is installed
>
> Could anyone explain what is going on?  Would apt-get install on the
> two packages fix things up?  When I do it as a trial run it seems to
> work, though I get a large number of packages it would reconfigure.

I upgraded a couple potato systems to woody and then sid and got very
similar errors. apt-get dist-upgrade got stuck at a point like this. I
finally did

apt-get install libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 gnome-libs-data

(or maybe it was just gnome-libs-data; sorry I'm not sure)

which worked, and then I went back to dist-upgrade and continued.

I have two more potato systems to upgrade. I think I'll try purging helix
stuff first as suggested.

...RickM...