Storm Linux 2000

Hello,

            I just got Storm Linux 2000 Debian and I was planning on using it as my server for my website. I was using nothing but Windows before, so I have no clue about how to use this. So I have a couple questions, and all the how-to guides I have read are only telling me stuff that I don’t know how to do. First of all, how do I change the display resolution? I set it to 800x600 during setup, but once I got into the OS it was down to a much lower resolution & I looked all over the settings and there is nothing there that will let me change the display resolution. Second, I set up the special broadcast and gateway IPs and stuff that my ISP gave me for Linux during setup, but again – its not saving it or anything once I got into the OS. So how do I set up my Ethernet card and get it connected to the internet? And my final question is about the apache server that I know is running behind it. I looked all over, and found an apache directory, but I do not see any executable files in it. How do I get the apache server up and running? I need to be able to publish to it from Frontpage 2000 for my website. One more thing, I need to use this Linux machine to share the 2 working IPs that my ISP gave me to my 2 existing Windows 95 and Windows 2000 Professional machines. How do I do that? I am usuing a dsl line through a cisco router. Thanks!!! Anyone knowing anything about any of those things please e-mail me step by step how to do them! I will mention any one who helps on my website when I get it all running again. J

Sean [Webmaster]
http://www.ufounderground.net/