Re: How to partition hard drive?

hiya...

I'd combine /boot or where-ever thekernel is kept into / partition
	- so that if  the root partition is okay ..you can always
	get into single user mode

	- if /boot is a separate partition, you'd need both root and /boot
	to be a "good" partition to be bootable ??

i'd also add /tmp to be a separate partition

c ya
alvin

my partition preferences

/	64Mb 	or ( smaller the better )
/tmp	128Mb for silly temp files  ( i use it for import/export w/ nfs )
/usr	2048Mb for /usr stuff
/var	512Mb or whatever..depending on email and web servers stuff
-- stuff above is already back'd up on the initial cdrom...

-- things you did to the box
/home	rest of disk...including /usr/local
	- backup only /home and /etc and logs if you want those

swap...512mb or 2x"real-memry" whichever is less