Re: GPG key not found

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 10:01:52PM +0200, Andre Berger wrote:
> I've uploaded my GPG public key to www.keyserver.net some days ago. The
> key ID is 07182FBC, but you can only get the key as 0x07182FBC, or
> andre.berger@topmail.de. What's wrong? How do I keep people from
> besieging me to upload a key to a key server that has already been
> uplaoded?

keyserver.net uses a fairly new proprietary keyserver, and it very
much appears to not like GnuPG keys.  my GPG key is on most keyservers
(the ones using the tried and true free pks) but i think it still does
not appear on keyserver.net (i haven't checked in a few monthes, i had
tried to upload it and it ignored it, so i waited for syncronisation
to occur and it never did).

my suggestion is use a different keyserver.  pgp.ai.mit.edu was my
favorite as it was quite reliable and did not use any of these
proprietary keyservers.  but its been down for days.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/