Re: powervault 100t dds4

> Has anyone gotten a Dell powervault 100t dds scsi tape drive to work?
> I want to set it up with Amanda, but I am finding a lack of
> documentation and examples.
  Dell does support Linux (weakly but they do), have you called
them/checked their Web site?

>  Do you know where a good HOWTO is or example of setting up a scsi tape drive?
is http://gear.torque.net/scsi/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO of any help to you?
Also see man st

> Is /dev/nst0 the correct device to use?  Is there a way to test the
> communication to the tape drive?

You can test the drive with dd if=/foo/bar/somefile of=/dev/st0

WARNING: use dd *carefully* and be sure to use a tape you don't care
about

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com