Re: sigh...big problems if anyone has time to help me out... - ide vs pcmcia

hi daniel...

another silly idea...

if the idea is to get cdrom capability to the laptop...

there is pcmcia-to-IDE converters... ( $10 range )
( used by flash disks to look like regular IDE disks
( used on pc104 stuff...but it was  pcmcia card interface we used

- you'd also need a pcmcia extender if you do not want to open your laptop
  to fit the pcmcia-to-ide adapter connected to the reg cdrom drive

- best solution is get the laptop online...a kernel that supports
  that nic ...

c ya
alvin