Re: sigh...big problems if anyone has time to help me out...

GPswyft writes:
>Well, here goes.  I have installed debian a number of
>times, never successfully.
 [...]
>I install linux from the floppies.
 [...]
>I can't do this with a cd because i said before I don't own a cd
>burner.
 [...]

GP,
Consider using an external CD-ROM connected to the parallel port. If
you don't mind bidding thru eBay, here are recent final bids
($60-$90):
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?ht=1&query=bantam+backpack

Nice thing about eBay is you can read feedback about sellers.  Some
sellers have hundreds of positive ratings and zero negatives.  I've
always had very positive dealings with sellers, except once when I
bought directly (never buy something that isn't listed on eBay; if you
feel you didn't get what was advertised a negative feedback can be
left for the seller; it's powerful, and one gets the feeling that some
sellers would rather be whipped with a wet noodle than get a
neg. feedback).

Here's some detail on how to use a Bantam Backpack CD-ROM to install
Debian `potato':
   http://www.lafn.org/~cymbala/Debian/t4700ct.html

Yours,
--