Re: sigh...big problems if anyone has time to help me out...

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 06:11:14PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
| on Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 05:45:28PM -0700, GPswyft (gpswyft@yahoo.com) wrote:
|
| > I install linux from the floppies.
|
| Which version?  I'm going to assume Debian GNU/Linux 2.1, "Potato".

I assume that's a typo and you meant "2.2", not "2.1".

| For starters, you have to find out whether or not you've got a WinModem.
| If so, your best bet is to buy an external modem for about $100.  Most
| of the stuff that's GNU/Linux-compatible is now labled as such.

$100 sounds rather high to me.  I haven't actually bought a modem, all
the ones I have were given to me.  If you want I can send you a
14.4Kb/s external US Robotics modem.  The only cost will be shipping.
Otherwise you can probably find a used parts shop around and get one
there.

HTH,
-D