Network routing question

Some advice needed, before I mess up big time.

At home I have a small
network with three machines: 192.168.1.1 till 192.168.1.3

I want to take
192.168.1.2 to school and hook it up to the network there to do a dist
upgrade (at home I have dial-up only, school's free bandwidth). They have a
proxy/firewall with IP 192.168.1.1, but the bad news is all ports are
closed, except port 902 for http access to the net. Using Netscape I can
configure a proxy server within the program and this works. I can also set
up my apt-sources with an http site instead of ftp, so no problem there.
But then...

The routing part scares me:
At school I want to do $route add
default gw 192.168.1.1:902 eth0 so that all packet requests are put on
through the proxy/firewall.

Q1: Is the right approach and can I specify a
default port number like this?

Now back at home I have to put the machine
back in my own network.

Q2: If I create a new default route ($route add
default gw 192.168.1.0 eth0) will this suffice to get my machine back into
my network and erase the old default route?

Or am I on the wrong track
completely? The things that confuse me are the odd port number for http and
the fact that both my home network and school network have the same group
of network addresses for localnet. Anybody some kind words of
explanation?

Hans