Re: sound ?

"V.Suresh" wrote:

> After a long struggle for a month, I finally managed to get X up
> under Debian. I have a i810 m/b. Now a problem: Sound isn't working.
> mpg123, gmp3 say mixer can't be opened. But 'lsmod' shows all required
> modules neatly loaded. Help please.

try it as root to be sure there isn't a permissions problem. other then
that what kind of soundcard? ive used i810-based systems before(dell GX110)
and they had ES1370/ES1371 soundcards ...
and what modules are loaded?

and can you copy/paste what the kernel says about your soundcard when
the modules load?

nate

--
:::