Re: Mail & Sound probs

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Nic Strong wrote:

> Error sending message, child exited 71 (Operating system error.).
>
> Ran a dpkg-reconfigure sendmail to and regenerating get the following error
> :
>
> canning /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
> Creating /etc/mail/Makefile..... done.
> Generating /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ...
> Informational: use_ct_file file empty: /etc/mail/trusted-users
> Informational: use_cw_file file empty: /etc/mail/local-host-names
> Informational: confCR_FILE source file not found: /etc/mail/relay-domains
> Informational: confUSERDB_SPEC source file not found: /etc/mail/users
> Cannot open hash database /etc/mail/aliases.db: Invalid argument
> WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases
> Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases
>
> The only thing I can think that could have caused this was I upgraded to new
> v2 of berkley db library (if this uses it at all ??).

Indeed, that is exactly the problem...  I've been informed that the
newer level of sendmail (8.12.0.Beta7) will be going into the next
dinstall run, so you should be set this afternoon (the trials of running
testing eh?).

8.12.0 is *alot* different that 8.9.3, I've tried to make the migration
invisible, but if you run into trouble - fire off a note
--
Rick Nelson
<Teknix> our local telco has admitted that someone "backed into a

<netgod> hopefully now routers are designed better, so the "network
         off" swtich is on the back