Re: Email embarrasment

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:02:46 +0200, Johann Spies <jhspies@adept.co.za>
wrote:
>It is an dialup system using exim as mta.
>
>I do not know where to look for the problem.

What do the exim logs /var/log/exim/{mainlog|rejectlog) say?

Most graphical clients deliver e-mail to the MTA via SMTP while
console mail clients use the command line api. My rough guess is that
localhost is missing from host_accept_relay in /etc/exim/exim.conf, so
that exim rejects the SMTP delivery. For this to remain undetected, it
is necessary that either the MUA doesn't deliver the error message to
the user or the user ignores it.

Greetings
Marc