Re: [debian-user] PS/2 mouse under X.

Hi!

>--[Andrzej Swedrzynski]--<kokosz@earthdawn.pl>

> use working under X but I can not. This is Logitech  M-S48a  PS/2

I seem to have the same mouse - it's an OEM with a black logo, right? I read
on http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/, which has been
cited on this list several times now, that this mouse (or at least the
M-S48) won't work, so I gave up, but I was surprised to learn that it works
on a friend of mines's computer running Mandrake. Anyway, the config it runs
with on my system is:

--snip-- /etc/X11/XFConfig-4
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        Option          "Buttons"               "3"
EndSection
--snip-- /etc/gpm.conf
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=