Re: problem compiling openssh

Carl Greco <cgreco@peregrine.novia.net> writes:

> Anthony -
>
> You don't state which version of Debian (stable, testing, etc),
> OpenSSH or OpenSSL you are using.  OpenSSH's `INSTALL' file
> describes which version of OpenSSL you will need.  I have OpenSSH
> 2.5.2p2 which requires OpenSSL 0.9.5a or greater.  I have installed
> OpenSSL 0.9.6a (in /usr/local) and used the following to configure
> OpenSSH:

I am using Debian Unstable.  Unfortunately, I am at work and cannot
get to my home computer to check the exact versions, but it is the
latest version in unstable.

I use dpkg-buildpackage or apt-get --compile source to build the
source packages.  The configuration fails when it discovers that the
libwrap library is not there.  However, it is there.  I believe that a
try that and see if it works.

Thanks,
Anthony