Re: problem compiling openssh

Anthony -

You don't state which version of Debian (stable, testing, etc),
OpenSSH or OpenSSL you are using.  OpenSSH's `INSTALL' file describes
which version of OpenSSL you will need.  I have OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 which
requires OpenSSL 0.9.5a or greater.  I have installed OpenSSL 0.9.6a
(in /usr/local) and used the following to configure OpenSSH:

   ./configure --prefix=/opt/openssh --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl \
   --without-pam --with-md5-passwords

This works for me on a Debian 2.2r2 system with Linux 2.2.18.

Carl

Anthony Fox said on April 13, 2001 at 09:14 (-0400)

--
    Carl Greco
    cgreco@novia.net