Re: what i've learned, and explanation.

On Thursday 12 April 2001 06:20 pm, tom@tomd.org wrote:
> Of course, we will have more and more people coming from the other
> paradigm, where there's absolutely no sense of community.  Sometimes it
> may take an act of kindness on our part to get the ball rolling.  Like
> I said, maybe I missed part of the thread, because apparently Karsten
> tried to do this.  For this, he should be commended.

he has been. (i think we've stroked him enough that he'll still help out us
poor sots now and again.)

> > Please do! http://newbieDoc.sourceForge.net/
>
> I've taken a peek at this and it looks really cool, and I'd like to get
> involved and perhaps discuss this with you further via email.  Of course,
> I won't be able to do that if I'm in your killfile. ;)

you're not. i just enjoy making hollow threats to the world at large. that
is, until i'm in the elitist clique. then i'll just close my inbox and look
down my nose at all those emails bouncing off my server. heh, heh.

will@serensoft.com
newbiedoc-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net

> It sounds like we're actualy more or less on the same page.  From what
> you've said, I was mistaken in singling out Mr. Self as an example of the
> elitism that I've grown to despise, and I hope he'll accept my humble and
> sincere apologies.  Perhaps I've gotten the wrong impression of him, or

you probably came in after round five where mr. petulant still didn't see his
approach was all wrong, and karsten was trying to upbraid him just a tad.
(the weenie was using the "you do it, i won't" method, instead of the more
proper "do it now, dammit, i want it now, dammit" method.)

> missed out on something vital in the earlier thread.  Unfortunately
> circumstances today have me fired up (not a good excusse, but yet I offer
> it anyway). I'm normally a rather meek guy that lurks about on the list,
> and answers a question or two here and there.  Perhaps I should go back to
> doing that. =]

well you seem like an okay joe (but i reserve the right to recall the
witness, out of spite). :)