Re: Here's one for your stupid file

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > Anybody know how I can recreate the required files?
>
>     `-- archives
> 	`-- partial
>
> WAG:  I think you might just be able to run 'apt-get update' to update
> your package lists.  If that doesn't work, try creating the directories,
> permissions:

Close, but not all. run "dselect update" instead, it will call apt-get
update and then refresh the dselect database as well (assuming you use the
apt method in dselect).

> drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root        33479 Apr 11 00:44 archives/
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          291 Apr 11 00:44 archives/partial/

Yes, you need to create this two directories for apt to run without
complaining. Don't worry about the other files, they'll be regenerated.

  Henrique Holschuh