Re: water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 07:24:59PM -0400, Kevin Stokes wrote:

| >Because you expect other people to implement your suggestion while you do
| nothing.<
|    Some people get my point, and others don't.   I don't expect anything.
| Let me try another analogy, since my first one was lousy;

<snip story>

In your editorial did you say "You should really reapportion your
volunteer efforts or else your product is trash?".  If you simply said
something like "I am a newbie and I feel that Linux needs better
newbie documentation." no one would have gotten upset with you.  When
you say "If you want Linux to be worth something, you had better go
write this newbie documentation now" people get really upset.  This is
the point people are trying to make to you.

Also, if you come to the list with a problem, explain the problem and
ask _nicely_ for help, you are almost certain to get some.  If you
were to ask how to grow beautiful flowers in your garden you may or
may not get some responses, but if it is a debian-related question you
will most likely get a good explanation.

-D