Re: syslog-ng

Andrew D Dixon wrote:

> Has anyone out there had much experience with syslog-ng (Next Generation
> Syslog)?  I'm looking at it for a project that I'm starting and I was
> just trying to get a sense of how stable, reliable, etc . . . it is.

i just started using it on one of my machines about a week ago, im planning
on learning it to run a syslog server as the normal syslogd isn't tweakable
apparently when dealing with remote syslog messages, everything goes to 1
file. the one thing i have noticed is a significant dropoff in logged
messages(even locally). i added more rules to syslog-ng.conf and it helped
some but im not sure what else i may be missing(if anything). haven't
had a chance to play around with it yet...

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336