Re: GPG: connection refused, pgp.ai.mit.edu

On Thursday 12 April 2001 03:42, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> I'm finding I can't connect to the keyserver using gpg from the command
> line either.   E.g.:
>
>     $ gpg --send-keys karsten
>     gpg: can't connect to `pgp.ai.mit.edu': Connection refused
>
> (exit status: 2)
>
> Anyone else seeing this?  I'm also curious as to what port(s) pgp/gpg
> uses to communicate with the server, I don't know this myself.

I just re-retrieved my own key without incident.  Couldn't get yours, though.

budr@twocups:~$ gpg --recv-key 07182FBC
gpg: requesting key 07182FBC from pgpkeys.mit.edu ...
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

System here is more or less stock potato.

/usr/share/doc/gnupg/DETAILS.gz says the keyserver listens on port 11371.  I
didn't find anything on what port the client might use.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.