Re: HELP - CS423x sound config and Debian Potato...

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 08:35:42AM +0800, carl.tan@delphiauto.com wrote:
> Any help here to get it started (either ALSA or sndconfig or modprobe.... I'm
> not fussy :-) would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I tried google and read many suggestions (all of them reflected by my attempts
> above), but to no avail.
>
> Could some kind soul please help me? I have looked through debian-user's
> archives till Aug. 2000 but nothing on this was ever mentioned.

Ok, lets see... If you have make-kpkg, gcc and friends installed,
install alsa-source, cd /usr/src ; tar -zxvf alsa-driver.tar.gz ;
cd modules/alsa-driver ; ./configure --with-cards=cs4232 ;
cd /usr/src/linux ;
env MODULES_LOC=/usr/src/modules make-kpkg modules_image ;
cd .. ; dpkg -i alsa-modules-*

Then do /etc/init.d/alsa start.

Dima
--