Re: xcdroast and devfs

    Ethan> it wants /dev/sg[0-16] these are the scsi generic devices.
    Ethan> which im sure devfs renamed to something rediculously long
    Ethan> and ugly.

Looks fine to me:

[503] [pluto:bam] ~ >ls -l /dev/sg*
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Apr 12  2001 /dev/sg0 -> scsi/host0/bus0/target6/lun0/generic

Of course I don't have /dev/sg1 though - this computer only has 1 scsi
adaptor. I suspect xcdroast may be enforcing rules it does not need to
enforce.

xcdroast from unstable might fix this(?), but I can't even get it to
run.  (it warns that certain executables aren't setgid, even when run
as root, and that cdrecord is either too old or too new).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>