Re: combo GUI/text mail client

 >> * netscape and pine don't (can't?) share addressbooks, so they
 >> either get out of sync, or require more attention than one would
 >> like to offer them

 Brandon> Probably the ugliest point. You could over engineer it and
 Brandon> use OpenLDAP to store address books - most modern mail
 Brandon> clients can do lookups against LDAP. I'm not this
 Brandon> brave/foolish, and I don't need to be. I have a small
 Brandon> address book.

interesting.  I have actually set up openldap a few times, and while
it's certainly not for the faint-hearted it didn't seem all that
difficult.

does mutt do LDAP?

--

joe