Re: perl modules in general

On Wed Apr 11 13:36:46 2001 Colin Watson wrote...

>"Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com> wrote:
>>I was looking around in dselct, and I did not see much in the way of perl
>>modules (no cpan.pm for instance).
>>
>>Since I would really like to use "the Debina wya" to insatll as much as
>>possible, I thought that I would ask about thsi, before just rushing off
>>and grabing the ones I need, and installling by hand.
>
>CPAN.pm is part of the core Perl packages (perl-modules in woody/sid,
>probably perl-5.005 in potato). There are lots and lots of other Perl
>modules, packaged as lib*-perl - so if you want Foo::Bar, it may well be
>packaged as libfoo-bar-perl.

	Umm thanks for the tip.

	However, dselect tells me that I have both perl-5.005, and
	perl-5.005-base installed, and the installer script still says it can't
	find the needed modules. The it tries to install (or maybe configure)
	cpan.pm. In other words it prompts me for things like where to store
	the config files etc.

	Then this fails because it does not understand that it needs to use
	passive ftp.

	Sugestions?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154