Re: water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

* Kevin Stokes <linux@pieskysoft.com>, 2001-04-11 18:15 +0200:
[...]
>   I am one of them.  I resurrected an older machine and plopped a cheap HD
> from Ebay in it.   I wanted to install Linux on it and then apache, and try
> running a little web server with my cable modem.   I did not want to become
> a Linux Guru, although I am very open to the idea of using Linux more often.

It might be dangerous to expose your machine to the internet if you
don't know what you're actually doing (but then, who does).

> Any attempt at fiddling ends in long hours of searching websites, email
> archives and ends with begging for help from strangers via email.

In a lot of cases, you're dealing with professional stuff. That's why
configuration is often complex. And yes, I've also begged total
strangers for their help, and _all_ of them have been very friendly so
far, some people spent a _lot_ of time to help me. Just do alike when
someone else asks you...

[...]
> by reapportioning the group
> effort, the group could come closer to accomplishing their goal.

Keep it up

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]