Re: "Upgrading" to Progeny ?

> On Tuesday 10 April 2001 14:27, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > I'm currently running Debian "sid" or unstable and the idea
> > of upgrading (is it really upgrading ?? :-)) to Progeny has
> > crossed my mind. Is doing so feasible ?? Can apt-get
> > handle the differences in package version numbers, if there
> > are differences ??
>
> I heard that Progeny is based on Woody, so this would be a
> downgrade. And I recently read on this list that apt cannot
> downgrade a whole distribution. (Someone please correct me
> if I'm wrong.) Looks like you best start with fresh formmatted
> harddrive to install Progeny. If you do it, please tell me and
> perhaps the list what you think about it, when you're done.

If what you think is true, you (and others) will have to find out from
someone else. ;-) I'm not interested in downgrading, if that's what the
case would be. I was hoping that Progeny may have a somewhat "parallel"
branch to Debian's sid. Actually, I'm sure they do or do they only use
"stable" packages and do whatever modifications they do from those ??

I'll check around their website some more...

Thanks
Hall