Re: unstable to testing

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 12:51:17PM +0200, christophe barbe wrote:
> I've made a mistake and upgraded a potato box to unstable.
> What I wanted was to upgrade to woody and now I realize that woody == testing.
>
> Is it possible to do a dist-upgrade from unstable to testing.
> Can expect to not reload all packages (is there a lot of common packages between testing and unstable?)?

Try setting apt sources to testing & running apt-get ; aptitude.
It'll show you the conflicts, if any, and you can then downgrade
offending packages manually. I never tried this myself, though.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key