Re: Proc file system

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 08:18:01AM -0400, Shawn Garbett wrote:
> I don't seem to have much in the /proc directory. In fiddling with alsa,
> apm, etc, the HOWTO's will mention checking things in /proc. I go there
> and there's nothing. How do I go about getting everything I possibly can
> under /proc?

Do you have anything in /proc at all?  If not, then it's probably just
that it's not mounted (unless you rebuilt your kernel and accidentally
left out proc filesystem support).

Look for a line in /etc/fstab that looks like this:
proc            /proc         proc   defaults                   0      0

If there isn't one, add it.  Then you should be able to run 'mount
/proc' as root.

noah