Re: problem with the CD images web pages

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 08:26:25AM +0200, Peter Fosseus wrote:
| traceroute cdimage.debian.org

Where did 'traceroute' come from?  I can't find it on my (potato)
system.  I do have 'tracepath' 'tracepath6' and 'traceroute6', but I

I'm trying to figure out why my home network isn't working yet.  I
just got a second box (i486sx , free) that I can install Debian on.  I
think it will be easier to get 2 debian boxes working first, then
tackle the 'doze systems.

<moving off topic now>
    I want to thank everyone on the list and all the Debian Developers
    for putting together such a great system.  I find that Linux is
    much more fun to work with, and _much_ easier to configure and
    troubleshoot than M$ Winblows.  The win95 machine at home is
    having trouble seeing anything (including itself) via samba.  The
    "Help" system asked questions along the lines of :
        o is networking configured?
        o is the computer on?
        o is the computer plugged in?
        o do you have a computer?
        (ok, not exactly, but that's what the questions feel like)
    and gave a conclusion of :
        sorry, I don't know what could possibly be wrong

    When something doesn't work in Debian, it isn't particularly hard
    to find information (ie howtos, etc) that explain how to get
    information from the system to locate, and then solve the problem.
    Debian is a great OS!
</>

Thanks,
-D