Printer

I'll try this again.  I have been looking around on the internet and some old postings but all I've been able to find is snippets of what I want.

My question is how do I set up a printer?  I'm running woody with the 2.2.19pre17 kernel (I'm thinking of upgrading to one of the 2.4's soon).  My printer is an espons stylus color 400.

Right now I'm mid-way in the process of setting up CUPS.  Is this the way I want to go?  (I take it I just use my web browser and configure through that).  Or do I want to do something else?  Perhaps setting up printcap and all that?

What does everyone thing would be the best packages to install, and how do I go about configuring them (assuming there's no basic configuration script that I run).

Thanks a lot.

--
  Patrick Mauro
  pmauro@engr.uvic.ca