Re: compile probs

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 13:05:19 -0500, Stephen E. Hargrove wrote:
> I've added /usr/include to /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ld.config.

That serves no purpose. /etc/ld.so.conf controls where they dynamic loader
looks for shared libraries (".so" files).

> What else am I missing?

The "-I" flag to gcc to tell the C compiler (well, preprocessor) where to
look for include files, and the "-L" flag to tell the linker where to look
for libraries.

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking