Re: RFC: Removing SVGA support from Ghostscript packages

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 07:07:16PM +0200, Dr. Guenter Bechly wrote:
> Yes there are people still using libsvga support and there even are
> packages that depend on it like bmv (a postscript viewer for console
> that is maintained by me and that is still actively developed).
> Therefore, please do not remove libsvga support before there is
> another option for previewing postscript files on the console
> (e.g. via framebuffer), since this would take away an important
> functionality from console only users!!!

why not create a gs-svga package (which depends on gs) containing only
the gs binary compiled with svga support? that way those who need it can
have it, and those who don't can have one less setuid root program on
their system.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0