Re: RFC: Removing SVGA support from Ghostscript packages

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 02:47:16AM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> Just wanted to ask if anybody is still using the libsvga support of the
> Debian GS packages. I really would like to get rid of that ugly hack
> and if nobody speaks up one of the next uploads will have svga support
> removed.

Yes there are people still using libsvga support and there even are
packages that depend on it like bmv (a postscript viewer for console
that is maintained by me and that is still actively developed).
Therefore, please do not remove libsvga support before there is another
option for previewing postscript files on the console (e.g. via framebuffer),
since this would take away an important functionality from console only users!!!

Best wishes,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?