Re: custom kernel can not install

> > this is some lines after I run dmesg | less
> >
> > SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
> > scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
> >   Vendor: TOSHIBA   Model: DVD-ROM SD-R1002  Rev: 1034
> >   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> > Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
> > sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
> > Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
> > my cd is dvd-cd - cdr-cdrw combo on /dev/hda

This is what I have for my cd-burner: (IDE at hdc)

# cd recorder
options ide-cd ignore=hdc            # tell the ide-cd module to ignore hdc
alias scd0 sr_mod                    # load sr_mod upon access of scd0
pre-install sg     modprobe ide-scsi # before sg, load ide-scsi
pre-install sr_mod modprobe ide-scsi # before sr_mod, load ide-scsi

I havent followed your thread.. but if you have enable ide-cd into your
kernel **not as a module** then you run into troubles because if you dont
pass parameters to the kernel then it is ide-cd which takes control of
your drive instead of ide-scsi.

But you say you can to burn but not to read.. strange.. could you please
give me more info?

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.dhis.org>