Re: Sys Admin

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:

> If you want to do it as a career (you are a masochist, and not because
> of UNIX) you can look for "junior sysadmin" type job listings.

Heh.  I agree.  *Most* UNIX sysadmin jobs resemble management more than
they resemble playing with your home Linux box, unfortunately.  It's about
half technical, half people-work.  Basically it's your job to say "no" -
and mediate among programmers, end users, hardware vendors, software
vendors, managers... Unfortunately, because of the way Unix systems are
used today, maintaining the system is the easy part. :}