Re: matlab - scilab

Hi,

depends on your needs. Matlab works fine for matrix operations and
simulations. If you need more analitical math I recommend Maple. It gives
you the ability to calculate with complex formulas without loosing
precision (exact). For statistical math you can try SPLUS. Most standard
and not standard distributions and probability models and methods are
implemented.

These packages are more than enough for my needs, I can do anything I
want. Unfortunately Matlab is very expensive.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan