MTA security

>From a security standpoint, how does exim compare to sendmail?  What about
postfix?

It appears that exim is Debian's default MTA, which is why I've run it
before and it's what I'm most familiar with.  Now I've inherited a network
with several sendmail installations.  I wouldn't consider arbitrarily
changing MTAs just for the sake of changing them, but I'm going to be
moving the servers onto new hardware, which brings up the question of
whether to reinstall sendmail on the new boxes or put in something else.
I'd like to go with exim, but I'm not entirely convinced that it would
be a good choice for functionality and security.

--
Linux will do for applications what the Internet did for networks.
    - IBM, "Peace, Love, and Linux"