Re: Fvwm2rc

Please respond to list mail on-list.  List reinstated.  Reply-to set to
list.

on Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:33:00PM +0200, Ales Jerman (ales@qube.skps.net) wrote:
> "Karsten M. Self" wrote:
>
> > on Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 08:05:37AM +0200, Ales Jerman (ales@qube.skps.net) wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > > How to tell Fvwm2 to run Netscape at startup?
> >
> > ~/.xinitrc
> >
> > > And how to tell it to restart Fvwm2, when Netscape is closed?
> >
> >     cat <<EOF > .xinitrc
> >     fvwm2 &
> >     netscape
> >     EOF
>
> But this doesn't work trought remote XDM access. And on local machine
> it doesn't restart fvwm2 but it kills it.

Interesting.

> > Are you perhaps designing or implementing a public-access kiosk?
>
> Yes, I do. I'm working on to set X-terminal on our school.

Take a look at the Kiosk HOWTO, which you should find (if you've
installed HOWTOs) at:

    /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Kiosk-HOWTO.txt.gz
    /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-html/Kiosk-HOWTO.html

or online at

    http://linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Kiosk-HOWTO.html

Cheers.