Re: partition

Hello Robin,

Friday, April 06, 2001, 4:01:06 AM, you wrote:

RG> Hello,
RG> J have hard disk of 4Mb with two partitions: C (hdc1) of 2 Mb and
RG> D (hdc5) of 2 Mb. On C there is windoz and D is free.
RG> potato2.2r0 is on an other hard disk ( hda).
RG> I want to install potato2.2r2 on the partition D of the 4Mb hard disk.

Ok, I'm a novice in Linux, so maybe I'm wrong, but...

When installing Linux on hdc5 say to lilo to sit into beginning
of hdc5.
Then add to Your lilo.conf on hda:

other=/dev/hdc5
  label=LinuxAgain

So, You'll get the way to load hdc5 lilo from lilo on hda MBR choosing
LinuxAgain.
In hdc5 You can configure lilo as usual. For example You can set
booting Linux as default and set delay before booting to zero (This
will boot Your hdc5 Linux without extra promting). Or You can add
to lilo.conf on hdc5 following lines:

other=/dev/hda
   label=GoBack

to be able to return to lilo of hda.
You'll have situation as shown below:

hda MBR lilo: Linux         (Booting Linux)
              dos           (Booting Windows)
              LinuxAgain    (Loading lilo on hdc5)

hdc5 lilo:    Linux         (Booting hdc5 Linux)
              GoBack        (Loading hda lilo)

Excuse my terrible english, plz.
--
Best regards,