cdrecord can't burn

Hi,

to say it short

	kernel support for graphics card + Xfree86 4.0.2 = cdrecord does not burn anymore

I can write cds if I stop X and write cds at the console or if use the kernel driver for
nvidia chips "nv" comming with X. Using the driver from nvidia or compiling support
for graphic cards into the kernel shows a strange behavior:

cdrecord starts printing the usual messages and hangs immediatly before it should start
writing. Pressing Ctrl-C stops cdrecord and gives me the shell again, but the cd-writer
does not stop. I have to reboot to get the blank cd out ouf the drive. Trying to
force cd drive to eject the cd with eject causes the whole system to hang.

Any idea?

Armin