RE: (OT) Donating old hardware...

I agree,

I do some occasional work for a charity called computerbank in Austalia
(http://www.computerbank.org.au).

We solicit donations of used computers, install linux on 'em and give them
away.

Mostly, we now only accept pentium or above specced machines, simply because
there is more old hardware out there then people know what to do with.

There are countries with a serious need for hardware like this, but the
problem is (as you said) the cost of shipment.

-Tim

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original e-mail.