Re: (OT) Donating old hardware...

hi daniel...

if you are local..... i think we can find a home for
the local school districts....

- 286 class machines.... nah...i'll pass...

- 386/486 class machines still make good (simple) firewalls
	- put um in 1u chassis ???

- pentium-90 -- P200 class machines are still good typical webservers
	- put um in 1u chassis and you got a nice firewall/something ???

i think the local school districts around here is working with some
local "state housing/room service" ( jail ) ....to provide them
training and tech skills etc..etc...and the school gets free pc repair
and assembly etc....( free PCs )

-----

i almost bought a cray-1 about 5 years ago.... just for the gold
in it ..but actually just wanted a "lobby item"...

have fun
alvin
-- if you're local ( silicon valley )....i can rattle their cage...