Re: [MAPS #33478] Re: Whats goin on?

>>"Alan" == Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

 Alan> The usual response to this is

 Alan> "Your ISP gives you a mailserver through which to relay mail.  Set a
 Alan> smarthost and get over it."

 Alan> Why isn't that sufficient for you?

	This seems a particularly naive world view. Not every one
 lives where the conditions are like they are where ever you
 live. There are circumstances that prevent doing that.

	Let us examine the rationale behind the DUL: well, there were
 some spammers that use open relays on dialups, so, let us penalize
 all dial up users. By the same logic, since most crimes are committed
 in cities, we should jail everyone living in a city.

	moronic, ain't it?

	manoj
--
 "I turn on my television set.  I see a young lady who goes under the
 guise of being a Christian, known all over the nation, dressed in