Re: Mutt and NFS

Hello Cheng,

* Cheng H. Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about running Mutt and NFS together. My current mail
> setup has procmail delivering mail to ~/mail and mutt reading the mail
> boxes from there. However, when I'm reading mail from my other box (which
> has /home mounted from NFS), mutt always open my mail-boxes read-only.
>
> I've read the Readme.NFS that came with mutt but would rather not have
> to mount the entire /home tree with the 'nolock' option.

If you use user-space NFS daemon, there's no ther way then to mount
with nolock, because Userspace NFS supports not really a good
filelocking mechanism. IMHO

> Also, the mutt
> FAQ says that I can get around this by configuring mutt using the
> '--with-homespool' option, but I haven't figure out how to do this.
>
> Any hints/advice? Both boxes are currently running unstable.

Try to use Kernel NFS.

ciao
Waldemar

--
* Ein gutes Kryptographieprogramm:     |      (o_      *
*       http://www.gnupg.org           |      //\      *