Re: setgid on /home

Scott E. Graves wrote:
> I was contemplating setting home setgid so all users would create files/dirs
> with the same gid in their respective home dir, for security reasons. I was
> rather unclear in my question. I understand the idea behind having /home
> setgid, but I was looking for any security issues / bugs that I may have
> overlooked.

Let me again mention http://bugs.debian.org/64806

There are several had side effect to having your home directory setgid,
that may not be obvious at first. That bug report lists several of them.
If you do decide to make all new users have setgid home directories,
this can be configured in adduser.conf.

--
see shy jo