Re: No middle mouse button in X

> I have a small problem with my PS/2 mouse. It works fine in the shell. But in
> X, the middle mouse button refuses to work.
> It is a logitech MouseMan Marble plus connectet to the PS/2 plug.
> I have configured it as usual with XF86config with the same settings that
> work fine in SuSE 7.0.

play with this in /etc/XF86Config

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "PS/2"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   BaudRate        1200
 # Buttons         3
 # ChordMiddle
 # Emulate3Timeout 50
 # Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

I suppose the default is to have 3 buttons since mine is working and this
is my configuration.. maybe is that you have a wrong protocol..

I have ps/2 but my mouse uses imps/2

It is very usefull too to use /dev/gpmdata and let gpm to work as a
repeater (this way you can have more than one mouse)..

$ ls -l /dev/mouse
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Jan 20 07:46 /dev/mouse ->
gpmdata

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin@vivaldi.dhis.org>