Re: Need a bit of help with 'network unreachable'

<snip>

>Thanks for the note.  I'll try setting the gateway.  I think I have the
>syntax written down somewhere.
>
>>Check the man pages.  <
>
>Unfortunately, Linux is only partially installed because I can't get my
>http/ftp isn't working to bring in the rest of it, so I don't think I have
>man pages yet.  Typing
>
>man ifconfig
>
>gives me 'command not found'.   Is there a way to look at man pages with
>another system (Windows) running a browser?

Okay, as for setting the gateway, I was wrong.  The command is actually route.

I believe the command runs as such:
route add -net <gateway address> netmask <netmask address> eth0
Sets the gate way to eth0 (use the appropriate NIC value)

As for man pages, I usually just hop on to google.com and do a search for man
and then my command.  There's probably a better way.  Any suggestions anyone?

So I hope this help.

I for the life of me can't remember which /etc file you want to edit to make the
route get set on start up.  I coudl find it if I were at home right now.  So
until someone tells you, you figure it out or I get home, this will at least
allow you to set it up whenever you run the command.

>Kevin Stokes
>Pie in the Sky Software
>www.pieskysoft.com

cheers.